Greek English
 
Home Page / What to know / Religious Life / Church of Agios Georgios
Print this page
Church of Agios Georgios

Located southeast of the housing core of the community is the main church of the village, which is dedicated to Agios Georgios.

The church is a Basilica and it was constructed in 1522 A.D., while its interior is adorned by a wooden iconostasis dated back to the 17th century.

What is noteworthy, however, is that the church is repaired and renovated approximately every 15 years by the Department of Antiquities. 

 
 
 October 2019

MTWTFSS
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031 
 
 
CONTACT US
 

COMMUNITY COUNCIL OF LAGOUDERA
2753 Lagoudera, Lefkosia
Τel.: 22652233, 94200900, 99693896
Fax:
22652233
Email:
[email protected]
cytanet.com.cy

 
Designed & Developed by NETinfo Plc